Tuesday 8 January 2013

The day begins

I've been up early this morning, it rained during the night and everything smells fresher.

I'm on a mission this year to look after myself better, put my health and my needs up the line a bit thought the gods are conspiring a little to throw me off my game. Not going to let it happen.

I had a bit of a scare last year, so did my family, when my blood pressure spiked and got very high. Dangerously high. I don't want to go too much into it here on my lovely blog, but I've been working with a bully for the past few years whose behaviour towards me has been disgraceful.

The blood pressure spike finally made people sit up and pay attention and it's now being addressed. It's not a perfect working situation by a long shot but it is better.

So, taking medication and taking better care of myself. Trying not to get drawn in to negativity at work and looking at my future with a view to getting off the working every day, on-call grind. In the meantime, there's a wedding to help pay for and an elder daughter who has moved back in....hence the gods mucking with the plans.

So this morning, a good walk/run on the treadmill watching Sunrise and getting mightily annoyed that three stupid teenagers kept deliberately lighting fires in NSW. Can't fathom it.

A cuddle with my sleeping teenager and the two dogs, some good coffee and a softer, cooler day. Worth savouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment