Wednesday 31 December 2014

Ahead

I guess this could be seen as a post about new year's resolutions but I don't want to think about it that way.
It's almost like in uttering them, they become a big fat burden and invariably get chucked out.
So instead I'm just thinking out loud about a couple of things I plan to do for myself and see where it goes.

After what's been a challenging year - 2014 seems to have been a difficult one for lots of people and was for our little family - I'm hoping/wishing that 2015 will be less fraught.

This year, in no particular order, I plan to grow my hair again (cut it shorter and wish I had the length back), walk more, be less stressed by things I can't change, explore new opportunities with my writing and live more in the moment.

It will also be a year of changes. Now that our youngest has finished school we're planning to sell our home of 16 years and move out of the burbs and closer to the beach. Downsizing. We don't need the big house anymore and we want to do more travelling and less maintaining of property. We're not sure yet where we will end up. Ms Ripe will come with us we think at this stage but she may also decide to move in with friends or live in at uni when we know what she's offered.

It's exciting. And it's the right time for us. Mr Ripe and I have been together 32 years, married for 30. We've raised our three babies, fed, clothed, schooled and prioritised our tribe but now it's time to draw breath and go forward in a new way.

I'm looking forward to what will happen. And where this next stage of our journey together will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment