Saturday 7 April 2012

Ch..Ch..Ch..Ch..Changes.

For the first time there was no Easter hunt this year, though we did hide some of The Star's in the lounge room. No putting dirt on the fingers and leaving bunny tracks through the house. Instead we had a feast featuring Bill's French toast with Fresh Berry Sauce, pancakes made by B-Boy, bacon and hot cross buns. Oh and chocolate..just a smidge of that!
Been thinking about what BabyMac and others have said about blogging being a radical act or not. Years ago when I was a stay-at-home mum with my first born Bloss, mothers counted for nothing. Invisible. An older female friend told me to tell people I was writing a book and looking after the babe but I've never been good with the lying. So I wrote for myself but there was little feedback, little connection. A lonely business, as motherhood could be as well.  Now bloggers have the world coming to them, sponsors calling and laying siege to them because the power has shifted and those mum's behind the computers, writing with honour and truth, are credible and no longer invisible. That's radical.

No comments:

Post a Comment